Key responsibilities and qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- The primary purpose of this position is to provide daily leadership and supervision to the Transportation Team in order to ensure timely and accurate deliveries, safe working conditions and a work environment that is consistent with Peapod’s values and mission.
- Organize, plan, and optimize daily routes for all drivers. This includes labor management (capacity vs. number of drivers), scheduling (start times, PTO approval, etc.), problem resolution and decision-making.
- Review transportation -related metrics daily. Provide recommendations on coaching and training in an effort to maximize driver performance.
- Effectively troubleshoot any and all delivery issues to ensure timely and responsive problem resolution.
- Respond to employee concerns in a timely and effective manner.
- Conduct performance evaluations and provide direction, feedback, and support to team-members which foster service excellence and personal growth.
- Monitor the timely loading and dispatching of vehicles from the staging docks based on multiple priorities and various vehicle waves.
- Responsible for accident, damage, and injury reports and investigations, and ensuring that all issues are followed up on within a timely and prompt manner.
- Work cooperatively with DSC, Fulfillment, Customer Service, Customer Acquisition, Inbound, Human Resources and Merchandising. Facilitate transitional organization between multiple shift operations.
- Provide leadership to the fulfillment team and clerical team to include team-building, positive recognition, coaching, and feedback.
- Conduct new hire training and follow-up.
- Interview driver applicants.
- Practices food safety in all aspects of position.
- Occasionally answer phone calls from drivers during their routes.
- Deliver routes or swap out trucks in emergency situations.
- Majority of work takes place in office. May occasionally need to work on the dock or deliver a route.
- Physical requirements while in office are limited. While on the dock or on a route, employee must be able to lift and carry totes of groceries up to 50 lbs.
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal skills, analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills required.
- DOT Certified, clean driving record, valid driver’s license; safely operate a CMV.
- Some skills needed are supervisory, leadership, coaching, training, teambuilding, customer service.
- Additonal skills needed are two years of transportation or logistics related experience and two years of college or equivalent experience.
Full-Time benefits include health, prescription drug coverage, dental, vision, life insurance/AD & D, supplemental life insurance, pet insurance, commuter assist flexible spending, 401K with company match, holidays, vacation, personal holidays, funeral leave, jury duty leave, employee assistance program, flexible spending, dependent care flexible spending, direct deposit, employee discount on Peapod groceries and short/long term disability.
Peapod is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested in the above job opportunity, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org